Cell phones are everywhere these days. According to the Cellular Telecommunications and internet association approx. 100,000 million of people in worldwide had cell-phone service. Due to the wide use of mobile phones it can creates some problems as the sound of ringing becomes annoying and disrupting. A cell phone hammer is a device that blocks transmission or reception of signals usually creating some form of interface at the same frequency ranges which cell phones use. As the result a cell phone user will either lose their signal or experience a significant loss of their signal quality.
- 1989 = Voice only
- 1996 = Voice + Text
- 2003 = Voice + Text + E-mail and process apps
- 2010 = Voice + Text + E-mail and process + Consumer grade apps and content
- 2018 = Voice + Text + E-mail and process + Consumer grade apps and content + Multi channel user experience
- Smartphone Communication: The smartphone communication in this case, refers to the infrastructure put in place seamless and reliable communication to goes on.
- Smartphone Hardware: Smartphone hardware includes mobile devices as well as device components that receive or access the service of mobility.
- Smartphone Software: Smartphone software is the actual program that run on the smartphone hardware.
Mobile Computing Infrastructure
To conduct m-commerce, one needs devices for data entry and access to the application, internet and other equipment.
- Cellular phones: Cell phones that are internet enable phones also known as smartphones
- Attachable keyboard: A large keyboard attachment.
- Personal digital assistants(PDA): With internet access are ow available.
- Interactive pagers: Two-way of pagers with limited of mobile computing and m-commerce activities on internet.
- Screen phones: A telephone equipment with a color screen, a keyboard, E-mail service and internet capabilities.
- E-mail Handhelds: It is Integrated device, which is includes a keypad, e-mail service and other internet capabilities without the need to dial into an internet provider for access.
Other wireless connectivity hardware:
- A Wan modem
- A web server with wireless support
- A wireless MAN or LAN
- A WAP gateway
- An application or database server
- An enterprise application server
- A communication server
- A GPS locator
Future of Mobile Computing
The rapid technological advancements in Artificial Intelligence, Circuitry
Integrated and increases in Computer Processor speeds, we see the future of mobile computing looks increasingly exciting. Use of AI (Artificial Intelligence) may allow units of mobile to be the ultimate in personal secretaries, can paging massages and receiving E-mail. You can understand what they are about, and change according to the schedule of messages individual or personal.
Our working lifestyle will change, with the majority of person working from home, rather than computing. This is also good because it’s beneficial to the environment as less transportation will be utilized. Every people interact via mobile station, social spheres and eliminating the need to venture outside of house.
Mobile Operating System Platforms
An operating system is an interface between user and hardware, It manages the hardware and software resources of the system. The operating system that controls mobile device is called Mobile operating system. They are simple and deal with wireless version of local connectivity and broadband, mobile multimedia formats and different input methods etc.
Symbian, Linux, Windows, iPhone, Android and Palm OS is Popular OS in present days.
- Symbian OS
Symbian OS is 32 bit operating system. It is multitasking OS and very less dependence on peripherals. Access to these services and resources is coordinated through the client-server framework. User libraries include communication, networking, I/O interface and etc.