5G technology refer to short name of fifth generation which was started . It is the complete wireless communication with almost no limitations, it is highly supportable to WWWW ( Wireless World Wide Web).
High speed, High capacity, Faster data transmission that of the previous generation is the main benefits of 5G. It is more effective and more attractive. This technology into the mobile marketplace will launch a new revolution in the way international cellular plans are offered.
How Fast is 5G?
On January 2, 2014 South Korea announced that they plan to roll out a next generation 5G wireless network. This would be quick enough to download full length movies in a mere second. The ministry of science said it aims to implement the technology, which is about 1ooo times faster than the current available 4G network by 2020.
- 1997 –>GPRS = 50 Kbps
- 1998 –>EDGE = 250 Kbps
- 2001 –>3G = 334 Kbps
- 2009 –>4G = 150 Mbps
- 2020 –>5G = 6400 Mbps
By now we must have reliased one thing. Every upcoming new generation is better than the previous one, and not by a small margin. With 5G, the theoretical download speeds are expected to hit 10 Gbps, making it 100 time faster than 4G. Wi-Fi technology is also part of this heterogeneous equation and will play an important part in it. Wi-Fi derived technology will help the standard achieve that is in higher data transfer rate.
Here are the some of the standards 5G expected to meet:
- 5G based technology is expected to handle a large amount data in tense of megabytes, this would mean efficient and faster connectivity with speeds upto 10 Gbps.
- It is wxpected to offer latency or less than 1 milisecond end to end round trip delay.
- Supreme bandwidth of a 1,000 times per unit area, which can supporta hundered thousand simulaneous active connections.
- It is being perceived that 5G could bring 99.99%availability which coildeffetively mean the highest connection rates between the cell towers.
- 5G is also suggested to cover nearly 100% of the geographical area. This could essentially ofer better connectivy over remoteterrain and rural area.
- 5G is battery efficent connection, which will in turn make the whole prosecc cost effctive.
D2D Communication in 5G
- Hyper-dense Networks –> The co-existence of large number of devices can also be used to exploit D2D social aware networking
- MU-MIMO and Massive MIMO –> The antena array of very large size is used at BS to serve multiple users in the network for given resource block
- Energy harvesting –> Enabling devices to harvest energy from renewable energy sources
- Leveraging other spectrum –> By using mmWave D2D communication, direct concurrent links can be supported, resulting in an enhanced network capacity
- Vehicular ad-hoc networks –> D2D links can be utilized to develop communication links between futuristic autonomous vehiclesas a mean of failure recovery mechanism
- IoT Communications –> The D2D networks have close resemblance to future IoT networks, and considered to be an integral part of wider concept of IoT implementation
5G Use Cases
- Broadband experience, everywhere anywhere
- Smart vehicles transport and infrastructure
- Media everywhere
- Critical control of remote devices
- Interaction Human- IOT
Features of 5G Technology
- Bi-directional large bandwidth.
- Large broadcasting
- Less traffic
- Connectivity just about the world
- Uploading and downloading speed of 5G technology touching the peak
- Fast and Better solution
- Based on policy to avoid error
- Support virtual private network
- More attractive and effective
Disadvantages of 5G
- Technology is still under process and research on it’s viability is going on
- The speed of this technology is claiming seems difficult to achieve because of the incompetent technological support in most parts of the world
- Many of the old devices would not be competent to 5G, hence, all of them need to be replaced with new one to expensive deal
- Developing infrastructure needs high cost
- Security and privacy issue yet to be solved
- All totally the best way to help all users is to use 5G as the next generation wireless system an totally it is safety and secure for public, this is the need that demands the solution
- Today’s wired society is going wireless and if it has problem, 5G is answer
- 5G technology is going to give tough competition to Computers and Laptops
- It will be available in the market 2020 at very affordable cost with more reliability than previous mobiles devices
Link with us on Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/dbp377