Computer vision syndrome
Tips for Computer Users:
- Wear glasses, with UV protection while working at the computer
- Remind yourself to blink more often while working
- Take more than 15 seconds rest breaks every 20 minutes. Use this time to just look around the room
- Adjust the position of your computer screen. It should be below eye level, so you’re looking down at it A viewing distance of 20″ to 27″ inches is ideal
- Keep your computer screen free of dust
- Avoid bright overhead lighting that directly falls on your face
- Uncomfortable chair and position can cause neck strain, adjust the height of the chair so that your feet are firmly on the ground
- Lower productivity
- Work errors
- Eye twitches
- Dry, Red eyes
Good Eye Care Habits
- Sit 50 cm from the PC
- Sit 3 from the TV
- Read under good light quality
- Rest the eyes for 1 min after half hour or 30 min of near work
- Change all types of hand-held games to outdoor games
Get Back Windows Experience Index
The windows experience index measures the capability of your computer’s hardware and software configuration and expresses this measurement as a number that is called a ‘base score’
In Win 7 and windows 8, windows experience index could be accessed by right clicking on computer icon and then clicking properties.
Did You Know ?
- When you copy something from the internet use CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste it. This will prevent the text from formatting.
- Accidentally close a word file without saving ? No auto save either ? Search .asd into file explorer under “my/this pc”. The document will be there. Windows has your back!
- Highlight the selection in the words and hit shift+F3 to make it all caps or all lowercase letters.
- Hit the alt button and click on any Google image to have it automatically saved to your computer.
- If you download a “PDF” file and you see it ends in “.exe” delete it. It’s a virus.
- How to make an essay longer : Hit CTRL+F, search “.” and change the font size of the periods 12 to 14. They look exact same, but will make your paper significantly see longer!
- If the WIFI at an airport/hotel costs money, add “?.jpg” at the end of any URL .
- Computer is an abbreviation for ‘common operating machine particularly used for trade, education and research’
- If you Google ‘I want to commit suicide’, Google provides the Suicide Helpline number of your country above all the search results.
- Every 6 seconds a computer gets infected with new virus.
Some Computer Safety
- Do not drink and eat near computers.
- Do not play and run near computers.
- Do not operate computers during heavy rainfall and thunder storm.
- Do not open system or monitor casing.
- Do not insert any metal objects.
- Turn your computer and monitor off when not in use.